Margin accounts at MEXEM have the capability of selecting “Limited Option” trading permissions during the account application. The account will be permitted to enter orders for the option strategies listed below when “Limited Options” trading permissions is enabled:
- Long Call or a Long Put
- Covered Calls
- Short Naked Put: only if covered by cash
- Call Spread: Only European style cash settled
- Put Spread: Only European style cash settled
- Long Butterfly: Only European style cash settled
- Iron Condor: Only European style cash settled
- Long Call and Put (long straddle)
Cash accounts can only have Limited Options trading permissions, so you will not be able to enable this feature when opening a Cash type account.
Please Note: The choice to select Limited Option trading permissions will be available when opening an IBLLC-US account only. If you select Limited Option trading permissions at the time the account is opened, you can later request an upgrade to full Option trading permissions. However, once an account has been approved for full Option trading permissions it is not possible to go back to having only Limited Option trading permissions.
Additional information on trading permissions can be found in our Users’ Guide.