Regulation & Safety
Invest with Trust
Due to MEXEM’s collaboration with Interactive Brokers (IB). Our account holders’ accounts are automatically covered by the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC) up to a value of $ 500,000 (including up to $ 250,000 in cash). In addition, each account is insured through Lloyd’s of London with additional insurance up to a value of $ 30 million (including up to $ 900,000 in cash).
MEXEM is a European regulated investment firm supervised by Cysec and registered with the Financial Markets Authority (AFM) in the Netherlands and with the Financial Services and Markets Authority (FSMA) in Belgium.
Due to both European and US regulations, the shares and other securities must be kept in segregated accounts. As a result, your shares cannot be used in the event of bankruptcy of MEXEM or Interactive Brokers.
Secure investing and your safety are our top concerns.
- Positions in your portfolio are in addition insured up to $30 million.
- Your investment account is secured up to $500,000 by the SIPC.
- MEXEM follows EU regulations and the Mifid II laws.
- Your money is kept secure in a segregated account other than that of the broker.
- Your assets are only deposited in respectable banks.